Monday, November 23, 2009

Gearing up to promote the new book

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Last minute line edits and rewrites on another book have kept me from blogging and my nose to the keyboard. But it's almost over. My new book, A Neighbor's Ultimatum, releases tomorrow (fingers crossed, LOL) from Loose Id, LLC. It's a sequel to my August '08 release, Meeting A Neighbor's Needs, and finishes where the first book left off.
(Shameless plug :))

As for the rewrites, they're still going. Had hoped to have them finished this weekend, but was only able to get 2/3 of the way through them. One of these days I will learn how to write a snappy opening and keep the sexual tension and conflict going from the first page to the last. Just like my books, I'm a work in progress, so the more I practice, the more I learn, and the better my writing gets.

Other things in the works for me include a short novel centered around a ten year high school reunion, the rewrites for Diablo Blanco Club: Midnight Masquerade (Mike Halsey's and Lyssa Lawrence's book), At the Claiming Moon-my first attempt at a paranormal story (time-travel/vampire), and perhaps some rewrites to In A Lover's Silence, my serial killer in Alaska book.

I sometimes wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to writing and working full-time. Fortunately, after today, I'll have almost all of the week off for Thanksgiving holiday. Then only three weeks before Christmas vacation. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get most of this stuff done and out of the way before the new year.

As for now, the day job calls. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) enjoy the day and the week. And watch out for those crazy shoppers on Friday!!

Qwillia

2 comments:

Juniper Bell said...

Congratulations on the new release, Qwillia, and good luck with all your WIP's! Keep 'em coming. ;)

Juniper Bell said...

Congratulations on the new release, Qwillia, and good luck with all your WIP's! Keep 'em coming. ;)