Friday, December 6, 2013

Real Men of Alaska
Mr. December 2013

"Alex"

 


As Romance Writers, we're always on the lookout for Hot Hunky Hero Types.

This month we welcome Alex.

Here is what Mr. December 2013 has to say:

First, some basics:

Were you born in Alaska, and if not, then how did you end up here - how long have you been here?


 

 

Where was I born?  Fairbanks. 

Occupation:  Military.


What do you do for a living - and for fun?
(Age, height, favorite food, and any other statistics you are willing to share. Just remember, we are a PG 13 site & blush easily)


For fun?  I hang out with my Buds. 
I am 25 years old.  I'm 6 ft.  My fave food is combo pizza.
 

What kind of woman appeals to you, and who do you let make the first move, you or her?

I like women who are not game-players, and I like the full package.  Sexy.  Cute.  Smart. 

Oh.  I always make the first move. 
 

Winter can be long, dark, and very cold here in Alaska. What are your favorite frosty pastime activities?

My fave winter activities are indoor.  I like watching movies, having the guys over, and online gaming with International friends.  You meet all kinds of people.


And, if we ask about winter then we simply must inquire about the too short, wonderful summers. What are your favorite things to do during all the long hours of sunshine?

My fave summer activity is partying at the lake with my friends.  Since I still live where I went to school I have lots of good buddies to meet up with.
 

Alaskan men take their vehicles very seriously. What is your favorite mode of transportation – and why?

I like my Beamer.


What is your favorite Alaskan animal – to see along the highway or on your dinner plate?

It's got to be the bear.

Have you ever wrestled a polar bear, mushed a dog team, panned for gold, eaten muktuk, done the polar bear plunge, climbed Denali, run the Mt. Marathon, or any of the other, found only in Alaska, activities?

I've ocean kayaked.

What’s the biggest fish you’ve ever landed? And we mean the kind with scales and fins that swim in water, not the locker room bragging rights variety.

I'm not a fisherman.  Fishing is not my thing.  I just don't fish.  I don't eat them.  I don't clean them.  I don't like them.  Period.
 

And last but certainly not least, in your opinion, what is the most romantic thing about Alaska, and why?

Alaska is always romantic, especially when it's cold. The cold keeps you indoors and snuggling.


Our Thanks to Alex for this interview and his candid answers!

To our Readers: Please check the AKRWA Blog each Friday for a new topic, and come back the First Friday of each month to meet new Real Men of Alaska!

Until next time...keep your fires burning!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex, thanks for letting us get to know you.