And yes, I'll be taking my laptop. The mini one. I'm torn between hoping there's readily available internet or praying there isn't. After all, what better excuse to totally goof off? Sorry, but I just can't get to the internet easily.
Part of my goal is to get a really good handle on the next book in a series I'm writing. Maybe even start another one. But even more pressing, the day after I return I have a new release!
November 7 is the debut of my long awaited Romantic Suspense novel, Rachel Dahlrumple, by Shea McMaster. (That would be Morgan's sweeter side. The good twin, as it were.)
November 7 also is the launch date of a two week blog tour, celebrating the release of Rachel Dahlrumple. Or Rachel as the book is affectionately known.
So here's the schedule. There will be a quiz later, and I'll be asking for people to drop by.
- Nov 7: Romance with an Attitude Blog: Breaking Writer's Block
- Nov 8: Megan Johns Invites Interview
- Nov 9: Carrie Ann Ryan Blog: Getting Over Betrayal. Fiction vs Real Life. Is there a difference?
- Nov 10: Romance in the Backseat Blog: How does being a writer affect you as a reader?
- Nov 11: Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews Interview
- Nov 14: Good Family Reads Blog: How to find Good Critique Partners and Be One in Return
- Nov 16: Words of Wisdom from the Scarf Princess Blog: I'm working on a topic now.
- Nov 17: Bookin' It Reviews Blog: A day in the life of Rachel Dahlrumple
- Nov 18: My Odd Little World Interview
As of this time, I'm only about half done writing the blogs. The interviews are done and I've only just begun to gather things to pack for my trip.
With all this traveling in the near future, both live and digitally, I'm feeling a bit frazzled and have started a check list.
- Snow tires on car. Check. (It will snow any day now. Any day. There were ice crystals falling from the sky yesterday.)
- Swimsuit, cover-up and hat - because I'm a red head who has been hiding from the sun for the past 6 years - Check.
- Launch tour dates set. Check.
- Sunscreen. Still need to buy.
- Books for trip, both paperback and ebook. Almost check. Have the first four books of the Game of Thrones to read, in addition to several other selections.
- Interviews written. Check.
- Sandals and flip flops ready. Check.
- Shorts and tops. Check.
- Sundresses. Check.
- Blogs written. Well, two down... not even close to check.
Ah, the list, it never ever ends. How do you cope with traveling? I do it so rarely, it's all one big adventure until I get to the airport. Lines. Pat downs. Worrying about what will be stolen from my suitcase once it leaves my hand. Long, long, long hours of sitting. Twenty hours from start to destination, if there are no delays.
Here's hoping the destination is worth the journey!
Morgan O'Reilly / Shea McMaster