Monday, September 7, 2009

A Bright Hello from Qwillia

Hey there,

I'm using my pen name just in case my students decide to get sneaky and try to look up my real name on the web. LOL. Wanted to say hello and crow about the fact that my January 2009 release, Diablo Blanco Club: Unfair Advantage, went to print at the end of August. YAY!

It's available for order online from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books A Million, as well as Loose Id, LLC. Links can be found on my website under the Books by Qwillia Rain page. Website address is: www.freewebs.com/clubdiabloblanco

I'm also feeling particularly relieved today because I just finished the first round of edits on A Neighbor's Ultimatum, the menage & M/M novella scheduled to release November 10th. It's a sequel to Meeting A Neighbor's Needs and takes up where the first book left off. And just for clarification--there won't be anymore books with these three in it.

Writing is not as easy as it looks. There are so many people out there who think it just takes an idea and a computer to become an author and it takes sooo much more than that. I can tell you, I've spent the last four days writing and re-writing the story and trying to figure out how to fix the issues raised by my editor.

But, I'm preaching to the choir. The other authors contributing to this blog know just how difficult writing can be. Getting the story onto the page is just the first stage. You have the editing, re-editing, re-writing, chopping out and plopping in of passages, details, and plot twists that make the story that much deeper.

I guess it's appropriate that I discuss the labor involved in producing a novel--considering it's Labor Day!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and you've had fun with family and friends. I'm off to relax in front of the television and work on the changes that need to be made to two other manuscripts under consideration by my publisher.

3 comments:

Juniper Bell said...

Congratulations on all your good news ... and hard work! I agree about the editing part of the job. Sometimes I think working in a coal mine would be easier. ;) But it's satisfying to see the book get better and better ... so it's all worth it in the end! Happy Labor Day!

♥ Sallie said...

Happy Labor Day! I nominated this site for a Kreativ Award. Keep up the good work!

Lynn Lovegreen said...

Congrats on the release. It's good to see the results from the hard work, but you're right to point out it doesn't fall like rain from the sky. If only it could...but then writers wouldn't be so special.:-)
Cheryl